We bring our customers the biggest
new cinema releases first for free
Now’s the time to register for your chance to grab 2 free tickets to this month’s movie preview screening. We’ve loads of free tickets to give away but it’s first come, first served. So sneak a peek at the trailer and, if you like what you see, sign up.
Every Movies First guest receives a free portion of popcorn to enjoy with the film.
This month's movie: The Big Wedding
Cinema release: 29th May 2013
Registration Registration: Opens 23rd May
Movies First screenings of The Big Wedding will be held at 25 locations on Tuesday 28th May 6pm for 6.30pm. Virgin Media customers can get up to 2 free tickets from 23rd May on a first come, first served basis. Good luck!
With an all-star cast led by Robert DeNiro (Meet the Fockers, Analyze That), Katherine Heigl (27 Dresses), Diane Keaton (Morning Glory, Annie Hall), Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia) and Topher Grace (In Good Company), with Susan Sarandon (Shall We Dance) and Robin Williams (Good Will Hunting), THE BIG WEDDING is an uproarious romantic comedy about a charmingly modern family trying to survive a weekend wedding celebration that has the potential to become a full blown family fiasco.
To the amusement of their adult children and friends, long divorced couple Don and Ellie Griffin (De Niro and Keaton) are once again forced to play the happy couple for the sake of their adopted son's wedding after his ultra conservative biological mother unexpectedly decides to fly halfway across the world to attend. With all of the wedding guests looking on, the Griffins are hilariously forced to confront their past, present and future - and hopefully avoid killing each other in the process.
Tickets & screening locations
How to apply for tickets
We'll have Movies First screenings of The Big Wedding at all these cinemas on 28th May. If you're a Virgin Media customer, you can get 2 free tickets from 23rd May on a first come, first served basis. Good luck!
Register for tickets
Now, tell us a bit about yourself...
Yes, please! I'd like to hear more about Movies First
Yes! I accept the Movies First terms and conditions
Just a few more details...
Last bit! Just check the details below and, if they're correct, hit Confirm & Submit to enter...
You're registering for onAccount holder:
Main ticket holder:
Number of tickets:
Thank you! You've entered the draw for the Movies First screenings of The Big Wedding. We'll be in touch to let you know whether you've managed to snag some tickets. Good luck!
Frequently asked questions
- How can I get my hands on some tickets?
- All you need to do is enter your Virgin Media account number (this can be found at the top of every page of your bill, or on your e-billing pages) or your Virgin Mobile number and your postcode. We also need your email address (to email your ticket) and the name of the person who will be attending the screening.
- Who is eligible for Movies First cinema tickets?
- Tickets are available to Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile customers. If you’ve just joined us, you’ll be able to access Movies First tickets within 14 days. With a new film showing every month, you’ll be on your way to the cinema soon.
- Can I get more than 2 tickets per customer?
- You’ll be able to get up to 2 tickets per customer for The Big Wedding. Please only take what you need so as many people as possible can enjoy the movie. Thank you.
- There is no cinema in my area on the list of locations.
- If we’re not coming to a cinema near you this month, we’re sorry you’ll miss out this time but we’ll be changing the locations of the cinemas every month (we promise).
- Can I reserve my seats in the cinema?
- No, sorry. We can’t reserve seats in advance, so get there early to guarantee a good view!
- Can I use my Movies First tickets on another day or to see another film?
- Tickets are only valid for the Movies First film on the date and time specified. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Please check with Show Film First to confirm the start time for your local cinema.
- What do I need to bring to the cinema?
- You will need to bring your Movies First e-ticket – this will be emailed to you when you complete the booking process – and photo identification. If you can’t find your e-ticket, please email the Show Film First live helpdesk, who will be able to re-send it to you, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where do I go once I’ve got to the cinema?
- When you arrive at your local cinema on the day of the screening, look out for the red Movies First sign. There’ll also be a Movies First staff member on hand outside the screening room to answer any questions you may have. Your ticket will be collected and you’ll be able to take your seat.
- I’ve got tickets, but I can’t go any more.
- If by chance you cannot make it to a screening, we can give your ticket to someone else. Please use the link in your confirmation email to cancel your tickets or you can retrieve and cancel tickets by doing the following: Click 'Register for tickets' to enter the booking system. Then click 'My Tickets' to retrieve and cancel historic bookings.
- What are the Terms & Conditions?
- Virgin Media Terms & Conditions
1.Tickets will be released on 23rd May 2013 and are available on a first come, first served basis.
2.You must be verified as a registered Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile customer to qualify for Movies First tickets.
3.Tickets are available through virginmedia.com/moviesfirst only and not directly from cinemas.
4. Maximum of 2 tickets per customer.
5.Please bring your ticket and photographic I.D to the screening. I.D is required to confirm you are the ticket holder and you are old enough to comply with the film’s certificate. Tickets will be validated by the box office staff.
6.Tickets are redeemable only for The Big Wedding on 28th May 2013 in selected locations. Please see virginmedia.com/moviesfirst and Show Film First for details.
7.The start time for each screening varies between locations. Please check with Show Film First to confirm the start time for your chosen cinema.
8.Movies First cinema screenings are subject to Show Film First’s Terms and Conditions and all conditions apply. For full details please visit:http://www.showfilmfirst.com/terms-conditions/
9.The free cinema ticket issued is complimentary, with zero cash value. We cannot offer a cash alternative.
Movies First is in association with Show Film First, the UK's leading movie preview provider.