We bring our customers the biggest
new cinema releases first for free
Our next movie screening is coming soon...
That's right, not long to wait now. We will shortly be announcing our next exclusive preview movie screening. Will it be a comedy, horror or drama? We can't stand the suspense!
But one thing we do know is that you need to keep checking back here to find out what the next movie is and to register for your chance to grab two free tickets. We've loads of free tickets to give away but it's first come, first served. So come back soon for a chance to see next month's new movie for free.
If you want to feed your craving for film in the meantime, why not hop over to our Virgin Media Shorts site. Here you can watch all the latest entries in to the UK's biggest short film competition, with some seriously talented but undiscovered film makers all competing to get their hands on £30,000 towards their next film.
Here's this year's winner Touch by Nimer Rashed to get you started:
Tickets & screening locations
How to apply for tickets
We'll have Movies First screenings of Spike Island at all these cinemas on 20th June. If you're a Virgin Media customer, you can get 2 free tickets from 13th June on a first come, first served basis. Good luck!
Register for tickets
Now, tell us a bit about yourself...
Yes, please! I'd like to hear more about Movies First
Yes! I accept the Movies First terms and conditions
Just a few more details...
Last bit! Just check the details below and, if they're correct, hit Confirm & Submit to enter...
You're registering for onAccount holder:
Main ticket holder:
Number of tickets:
Thank you! You've entered the draw for the Movies First screenings of The Big Wedding. We'll be in touch to let you know whether you've managed to snag some tickets. Good luck!
Frequently asked questions
- How can I get my hands on some tickets?
- All you need to do is enter your Virgin Media account number (this can be found at the top of every page of your bill, or on your e-billing pages) or your Virgin Mobile number and your postcode. We also need your email address (to email your ticket) and the name of the person who will be attending the screening.
- Who is eligible for Movies First cinema tickets?
- Tickets are available to Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile customers. If you’ve just joined us, you’ll be able to access Movies First tickets within 14 days. With a new film showing every month, you’ll be on your way to the cinema soon.
- Can I get more than 2 tickets per customer?
- You’ll be able to get up to 2 tickets per customer. Please only take what you need so as many people as possible can enjoy the movie. Thank you.
- There is no cinema in my area on the list of locations.
- If we’re not coming to a cinema near you this month, we’re sorry you’ll miss out this time but we’ll be changing the locations of the cinemas every month (we promise).
- Can I reserve my seats in the cinema?
- No, sorry. We can’t reserve seats in advance, so get there early to guarantee a good view!
- Can I use my Movies First tickets on another day or to see another film?
- Tickets are only valid for the Movies First film on the date and time specified. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Please check with Show Film First to confirm the start time for your local cinema.
- What do I need to bring to the cinema?
- You will need to bring your Movies First e-ticket – this will be emailed to you when you complete the booking process – and photo identification. If you can’t find your e-ticket, please email the Show Film First live helpdesk, who will be able to re-send it to you, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where do I go once I’ve got to the cinema?
- When you arrive at your local cinema on the day of the screening, look out for the red Movies First sign. There’ll also be a Movies First staff member on hand outside the screening room to answer any questions you may have. Your ticket will be collected and you’ll be able to take your seat.
- I’ve got tickets, but I can’t go any more.
- If by chance you cannot make it to a screening, we can give your ticket to someone else. Please use the link in your confirmation email to cancel your tickets or you can retrieve and cancel tickets by doing the following: Click 'Register for tickets' to enter the booking system. Then click 'My Tickets' to retrieve and cancel historic bookings.
- What are the Terms & Conditions?
- Virgin Media Terms & Conditions
1.Tickets will be released and are available on a first come, first served basis.
2.You must be verified as a registered Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile customer to qualify for Movies First tickets.
3.Tickets are available through virginmedia.com/moviesfirst only and not directly from cinemas.
4. Maximum of 2 tickets per customer.
5.Please bring your ticket and photographic I.D to the screening. I.D is required to confirm you are the ticket holder and you are old enough to comply with the film’s certificate. Tickets will be validated by the box office staff.
6.Tickets are redeemable only in selected locations. Please see virginmedia.com/moviesfirst and Show Film First for details.
7.The start time for each screening varies between locations. Please check with Show Film First to confirm the start time for your chosen cinema.
8.Movies First cinema screenings are subject to Show Film First’s Terms and Conditions and all conditions apply. For full details please visit:http://www.showfilmfirst.com/terms-conditions/
9.The free cinema ticket issued is complimentary, with zero cash value. We cannot offer a cash alternative.
Movies First is in association with Show Film First, the UK's leading movie preview provider.